Ontario Hunter Education Program
All new hunters must take hunter education training and pass an exam before they can purchase their first hunting licence.
The Ontario Hunter Education Program (OHEP) will assist you to understand the natural world and become a knowledgeable and responsible hunter.
H1 (Hunting with a firearm): Valid PAL or successful completion of the CFSC and exam
H2 (Hunting with archery equipment only): None
The program provides an introduction to, and information about:
- Ecosystems and wildlife management
- Hunting laws and regulations
- Hunter responsibilities
- Identification, biology, management of and hunting techniques for big game, small game and waterfowl
- Hunting and survival equipment
- The hunter's role in society
Our 2019 course dates:
To Register call or text: 416.817.2317
Wild Turkey Examinations are no longer required.